Tiio Suorsa (1985) is a media artist from Turku, Finland. She works with experimental photography, videos and installations. In the works she is researching co-existence of digital and analog life with recurring themes of urban life, defined roles, definitions of time and space. She also deals with the various states of individual intermediate states.
Tiio Suorsa holds MA degree from the digital culture, University of Turku (2017) and BA from the Turku Arts Academy (2012). Currently she is updating herself in Interface Cultures in Linz, Austria. Her works have been shown in private and group exhibitions in Finland, Austria and Iceland.
- September 2020 Kinesics of Letters: Nokturno.fi (digital and experimental poetry), Finland
- December 2020 COCO-lands: BestOff exhibition, Linz, Austria
- exhibition 9.-11.9.2020 COCO-lands: Ars Electronica Festival 2020 – State of Intimacy, Linz, Austria
- talk 10.9.2020 Under the Rock -research: Agora Digitalis – State of Online Culture, Linz, Austria
- talk 11.9.2020 COCO-lands: Agora Digitalis – State of Online Communities, Linz, Austria
- screening 24.6.2020 Kinesics of Letters: ZBM online festival, Linz, Austria
- screening June-July 2020 Kinesics of Letters: Dorf TV, Linz, Austria
- 2017 Digitoitu maito ei valu (Digitized milk does not drain – The materiality, time and interaction with the digital and material museum artefacts). Master’s thesis. University of Turku.
- 2016 Photography group zine: hetiZine no. 1. Numbered edition. The Finnish Museum of Photography.
- 2015 Menneisyyden muisti (The memory of the past). Interpretation of IC-98 – The View From the Other Side (2011). University of Turku.